Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Photo!

I won a photography contest!

I was going to just lead in with a nice story and whatnot but I can't hold it in!

I WON! This is exciting. These pictures I took were from my old phone. The one that doesn't have internet.

First, let me show you my pictures...




Both of these were taken a couple of years ago when I first started working at my riverboat job.
(I call it the riverboat job now cause I also work at another boat job which is not a riverboat. It is a submarine...)
In the weekly "Mercury Messenger" newsletter at my job, there was a "photo contest". Send in your photos and we'll vote and see who wins!

So I was like, hey, these people at least need these pictures, I think they are quite good. Who cares if I win.

What do I get now that I DID win?

An overnight stay in a downtown hotel! STAYCATION bitches! I'm excited. I want to watch cable and go hang out in a hot tub or go swimming. I'm super excited. Hooray.

Though I feel as if maybe another person who doesn't get to live in the city should have won....

but hey, my pictures kick ASS! Right? RIGHT?!

2 comments:

Dennis Frymire said...

Awesome sauce! Good for you!

HM said...

Congrats! That's so awesome!