Saturday, August 30, 2008

Barack Obama made me cry

I just watched Obamas acceptance speech. You know the one that 38 million people watched on television? The one where he spoke in front of 75,000+ people? The one that is 45 minutes long?

Yeah that one.

B. Obama is so very inspirational. He spoke with confidence and made me believe (ha! like i didn't before) that he will help America get to being the country we always say we are. He didn't make promises that he would do all the work. He told us that we as a country needed to take charge of ourselves.

Because that is what a government is. The government does not tell you how to live. The government is there to protect us from being attacked and to help us believe we are doing everything by ourselves....

Tao Te Ching
#17

When the Master governs, the people
are hardly aware that he exists.
Next best is a leader who is loved.
Next, one who is feared.
The worst is one who is despised.

If you don't trust the people,
you make them untrustworthy.

The Master doesn't talk, he acts.
When his work is done,
the people say, "Amazing:
we did it, all by ourselves!"


I truly believe Obama will act instead of talk. Because he is a diplomat more than a dictator, he will act through trust, love, and positivity. Instead of acting through fear and hate.

----------------------------------------------------------------

One interesting thing did come to mind.....Did we "need" Bush to "get" Obama? Would people rally this hard for someone if we didn't need him to get us out of this pit of dispair?

We were comfortable. We were doing very well until Bush came along. And when he did, the things the government opened our eyes to...would they have come to light if he hadn't been in office?

Would we have needed him as much as we do now, and therefore getting him to help us through this governmental/environmental/technological change?

It's just something that came to mind. Something that even though that doesn't make these past 8 years any better, it makes me hopeful that we are finally out of it. Finally out of this mess....

remember when Bush was going to be "out of office in 2 years"? .....hey...its only 5 more months.

5 months.

months.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a dream that McCain won the election. But they had only counted 4 states of votes. I was scared. I shouldn't be scared of what my government is. I should BE my government.

The people are the government. The government is not there to control the people....Tony Benn says it best




So Barack Obama made me cry. I cried because everything he said in his speech is everything I think about America. And everything I hope for in America. Because I'm American.

No comments: